|Personal data||Any information relating to a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly.|
|Processing of personal data||Any operation, or set of operations, relating to such data, regardless of the process used, whether automated or not (collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation, modification, retrieval, consultation, use, communication by transmission, dissemination or any other form of provision, reconciliation or interconnection, locking, erasure or destruction, …).|
|Cookie||A small computer file stored and read on the terminal used (whatever its type) while accessing an Internet site. A cookie does not allow the identification of the user, but records information relating to the navigation on a site of the terminal he uses.|
This policy is defined by the Bureau of the Association named below, under the presidency of Mr. Jean-Marie Pestel:
Association Lapérouse Albi France 41bis, rue Porta Square Botany Bay 81000 ALBI FRANCE
Data collected: Nature and use
The data that we collect are :
- those explicitly provided by our members or, more generally, the visitors of the site,
- those collected automatically by our website during various exchanges.
Data explicitly provided
These data are :
- on the one hand, those provided by our members when they join for the first time, when they update their membership or when they renew it. This includes their identity, contact information (mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number), their areas of interest and any additional information provided, such as requests to have access to the members’ directory.
- on the other hand, those communicated to us by people who contact us via the contact page of our website or by non-memebrs subscribing to our newsletters, mainly their identity and their e-mail address.
Special case of banking data
The banking data provided by our members during a card payment transaction is not collected by our Association. It is our partner, the company Stripe, a payment service provider, which collects it directly and executes the requested transaction in complete security and in strict compliance with the regulations in force. The Association has no access to the banking data provided.
The data provided explicitly are used by ALAF to:
- communicate regularly or occasionally with members or with non-members having subscribed to newsletters,
- answer, as far as possible, the requests formulated by the persons, members or not, contacting the association,
- carry out various statistical analyses of the memberships and the use of the website.
The data explicitly provided to ALAF is used only by ALAF and is not transmitted or made accessible to third parties who are not members of the association. Some of these data can be read by members accessing the online member directory, and this only under the following conditions:
- Only members who have explicitly agreed to be listed in the directory can, once properly identified, access the online member directory.
- The data that can be accessed in the online directory are, for each member listed, only his or her last name, first name, e-mail address, country and, for France, “departement” where he lives as well as areas of interest or expertise.
Data automatically collected
During exchanges with website users, we may automatically collect and retain the date and time of certain transactions (subscription, membership update or renewal, contact request). This information is used by ALAF to:
- complete the data set provided explicitly,
- ensure the proper functioning of the proposed services.
- necessary cookies, i.e. cookies that must be present for the website to provide its basic functions :
- cookies that store connection data, when a member logs in on the site by providing his password;
- cookies that store configuration information related to the user interface (e.g. the language being used),
- so-called session cookies, which store status information when accessing services that require browsing several successive pages of the site,
- statistics cookies : cookies used to measure the performance and audience of the site and thus to help understand how visitors use it.These cookies are those placed by the Google Analytics Service we use on this site (see below).
We do not use any marketing cookies tracking the user activity to help advertisers or cookies linked to social networks.
We use the Google Analytics Service from Google to track the visitors on our site in order to measure the performance of the content and functions we provide. Data collected for this purpose are anonymized and the analysis service is configured to prevent them from being shared with third parties. These data are used to optimize the overall service we offer.
Data collected via embedded content
This site may include embedded content, which is content (videos, images, articles …) accessible from this site but hosted by other sites (eg Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook …).
Data collected: storage, protection and lifespan
Data provided by visitors and members is stored in databases or files hosted by our service provider, the company O2switch, on French territory. This provider implements the most adequate means, according to the standards of the industry, to :
- ensure a high level of reliability for the storage,
- protect data against unauthorized access.
Data explicitly provided by our members is kept for as long as they renew their membership. In the event of non-renewal of membership, whether explicit or not, this data is destroyed within a maximum of one year.
Data explicitly provided by persons contacting us via our site is automatically destroyed at the latest one year after the date of receipt.
Data acquired automatically has the same lifetime as the one provided explicitly when it completes the latter. The lifetime of the cookies used is :
- for login cookies, two days or, if the user chooses the “Remember me” option when logging in, two weeks; these cookies are also deleted when the user explicitly logs out;
- for user interface cookies, one year;
- for session cookies, a duration extending at most until the browser used is closed,
- for statistics cookies, at most 24 months.
Collected data: right of access, modification, deletion
The personal data provided in the context of a membership remain accessible to the member when he logs in under his account on the site. He can then update his data.
Personal data communicated when accessing the site via the contact section remain accessible upon explicit request to the address “data.privacy at laperouse-france.org”.
In addition, the user may request the deletion of personal data he or she has provided at any time by sending a request to the same address “data.privacy at laperouse-france.org”. The deletion will be effective within one month after receipt and confirmation of the request.
Date of the latest update : June 2022